Our February issue cover women, the girls of Girls, are back in the first full-length trailer for the final season of the HBO comedy. A previous promo hinted at a group disagreement—but now we finally have a better idea of where the four end up, though it’s pretty heavy on the Hannah Horvath of it all.
Even though details about how Girls ends—this is the final season, after all—are strictly under wraps, there’s still a lot to be surmised from the latest trailer. Here’s what we know…
1. Adam and Jessa are still together. True love? Who knew?
2. Marnie and Ray are still together. Though Marnie and Desi are also maybe together?
3. Hannah’s career is “burgeoning.” Get it, Hannah.
4. Desi is “not getting anything up Marnie’s ass.” Thank you, Elijah, you Bloody Mary-drinking prophet.
5. Hannah gets something published! It appears to be in a newspaper that the rest of the cast then reads. After multiple viewings of Ray opening the paper up, the front page appears to say “Botanical Brooklyn,” though whether that’s the headline or the name of the paper is TBD. Is Hannah writing for The New York Times or a hipper outer-borough publication? We shall see.
6. The thing she gets published might be this, which appears to be a profile or a short story.
We know it’s not a personal essay because this definitely didn’t happen to Hannah.
7. Hannah is very self-aware. Hannah spends a good chunk of the trailer talking about herself, but her assessments are spot-on. “I don’t give a shit about anything, yet I simultaneously have opinions about everything,” she says, which is true. “I’m mentally ill. I’m overweight. I isolate people.” Hey, that’s brutally honest. “I hate and am maybe allergic to sand…also super against sun, super against sunscreen, not into drinking water, and not into watching people have fun,” she says, which is not only true for her but also for all of us. Stop saying Hannah is not relatable. This is very relatable.
8. Ray is still at the café.
9. Chelsea Peretti is there. (Yay!)
Watch it all, below:
Season 6 of Girls premieres on HBO on February 12 at 10 P.M. ET.