Pit Bull Saves Owners From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning


Pit Bull Saves Owners From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

January 22, 2018


A couple in Lakeview, New York, is crediting their pit bull for saving their lives.


pit bull saves owners from carbon monoxide poisoning
Ruby the pit bull


“Typically she only barks for one reason, and that’s if someone is at the door,” Ronene Ando told CBS News.


So Thursday night, when Ruby wouldn’t stop barking, Ando and her husband knew something was wrong.


“That went on for about an hour and a half, and I guess at that point, I knew something was up. She got up and went downstairs,she opened up the gate and was standing down there.”


The Andos had put a propane heater in their basement recently, and immediately Ando smelled propane. Ruby picked up the smell and got her owners attention before carbon monoxide poisoning could occur.


pit bull saves owners from carbon monoxide poisoning


“Probably if it weren’t for Ruby, I can’t say, I don’t know,” Ando said.


“The breed has a bad rap – they are very protective. They are really amazing dogs if they are trained well and kept active.”


Now the Andos are forever grateful for what they call “their life-saver.”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *